Photo Kenya Masterpieces seek to recognize outstanding and creative photography work among photographers in Kenya. The award concentrates more on creative genres in photography namely Architecture and Interiors, Wildlife and Conservation, Commercial/Advertising, Landscape/Environmental, Weddings, Street Photography, Fashion Photography, Travel and Phone Photography.
Type: Photography contest
- This photo contest is free
- All entries must be single entries (series not allowed).
- To participate, candidates must be 18 years or above, have a valid Kenyan ID or passport.
- Photographs must be in digital format. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into the masterpieces.
- All digital files must be 8 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a landscape orientation) or 1,600 pixels tall (if portrait orientation).
- Candidates can only submit photos taken between January 2014 and 31st July 2016.
- Candidates can only submit 2 entries per category, and in a maximum of 4 categories. Any additional entries will be automatically disqualified. You cannot enter the same photo more than once.
- FILE NAMING: We encourage you to use a proper, easy to understand and unique style to name your JPEG files. For example, your Jpeg fine name can have 3 parts (1) Your name (2) Category Name (3) Title of Photo For example John Juma Abstract Light Split or Esther Mwikali Commercial Coke
- All entries must be taken in Kenya. #ProudlyKenyan
- Only minimal burning, dodging and/or colour correction is acceptable. Elaborate postproduction in architecture, commercial and art/abstract categories are allowed. Stitched panoramas and HDRs are allowed in Landscape and architectural categories only. Judges reserve the right to ask for (an) original image(s) from entrants if needed.
- Photographs that include works of art such as sculptures, statues and paintings will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud– provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form . When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- Images submitted in their entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Masterpieces entrant. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted image is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- The photograph must not contain any obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for automatic disqualification.
- Watermarks are not acceptable. Unless the organizer receives a non-watermarked version of the entry within 24 hours following its request, the entry will be disqualified thereafter.
- The entries will be judged according to the masterpieces judging criteria, as detailed below.
Number of Awardees: 10. One overall winner shall emerge from this number.
Value of Scholarship: The panel of judges shall nominate 5 finalists in each category and also shortlist 5 photos for the public vote. A total of 10 category winners and one overall winner shall receive certificates, trophies and other prizes on the Masterpieces Cocktail night on 19th August 2016 (World Photography Day). Second position and third position shall receive certificates as well.
Duration of Scholarship: Winners will be awarded on the 19th of August.
How to Apply: All masterpiece entries must be sent via email email@example.com and must be accompanied by the following details:
––Your mobile number
––Title of each photo
––Accurate, sufficient and complete caption for each photo
Please read the technical details under contest rules and ensure your submission photos meet the technical requirements. It is highly recommended that you send all your entries in one email.
You will get an email notification upon successful submission of your entry/entries.
For more information, Visit Contest Webpage here
Application Deadline: 31st July 2016