Julio Lozada Foundation Inc. is offering a scholarship program for Latino and high school graduates. Mission of the Foundation is to provide scholarships to young Latino students, particularly those who have traditionally been excluded from higher education, to realize their intellectual and personal goals. Three (3) scholarships amounting to $1,000.00 will be awarded to any high school graduate students attending any College or University.
The Julio Lozada Foundation works in close partnership with its funding partners The Society of Latin American Firefighters and MEGA Education to promote its mission. They are made up of a diverse group of Hartord residents and professionals from all walks of life and professional experience.
- The continuing student(s) should maintain satisfactory academic progress with a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Student(s)must be Latino and High school graduates
- Student(s) should demonstrate financial need, and write a 300 words essay defining his/her academic goals as a Latino
- New students applying for this scholarship must provide two recommendation letters
How to Apply:
The process for applying scholarship is completely on-line. The link is:
- Personal Statement: what makes you stand out from the other applicants? And why should you be chosen? (Essay 300+ words)
- Two or more letters of recommendation (from teachers, counselors, coach, mentors or current employment)
- High School transcript should be included with the application
- Proof of family income
Three (3) scholarships of $1,000.00 will be awarded to the winning candidates.
The application must be submitted on or before July 29, 2016. Scholarship(s) will be awarded at the beginning of the fall semester.
for More Information, visit the link below: