The DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is the most prestigious and competitive PostDoc recruitment process at DKFZ. It is intended to recruit highly talented and motivated young scientist, who wish to work at the forefront of cancer research in any of basic or translational cancer research labs at the DKFZ. This program provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities in state-of-the-art research facilities for excellent young scientists, no longer than two years past graduation, who wish to work at the forefront of cancer research in any of basic or translational research labs at the DKFZ.
The German Cancer Research Center (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, DKFZ) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers. The aim of research at the DKFZ is to unravel basic mechanisms of cancer development and to translate these new insights into novel diagnostic tools and strategies for cancer therapy and prevention.
• A qualification equivalent to a Ph.D. or MD is a prerequisite for all applications.
• Candidates should document their successful previous research endeavors with publications. The candidates should be at an early stage of their career, having held a Ph.D. for no longer than two years.
• The fellowship is not open for internal candidates unless they have been recruited within the previous six months.
How to Apply:
For applying the fellowship, the following documents should be submitted as one single PDF file:
• Curriculum vitae
• Publication list
• One-page statement of research interests
• Copy of the latest degree certificate
• Two letters of recommendation
• A list of three division or research groups in which the applicant would like to work should a fellowship be offered. Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders before application to discuss potential projects.
• The program offers up to 10 fellowships per year and provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities in state-of-the-art research facilities for excellent young scientists, no longer than two years past graduation, with a background in biology as well as in physics, mathematics, bioinformatics and other fields.
• The fellowships are offered for the duration of two years.
The deadline for fellowship applications is August 31st, 2016.
for more Information, visit:
If you have more questions regarding the fellowship, you can email, call or fax.
Phone: +49 6221 423301
Fax: +49 6221 423359