Are you planning a career in journalism? The Society of Professional Journalist (SPJ) Florida is now offering two (2) scholarships named as the General College Scholarship for Florida Students and the Molly Turner Broadcast Scholarship In honor of the late Molly Turner. The program is available to Florida resident students who are attending or planning to attend a Florida college or university and pursuing a career in journalism. On the local level, Florida chapter works to assist professional and student journalists with programming, fundraising, and scholarship opportunities. SPJ Florida is giving $3,500 in the College Scholarship scholarships for Florida Students and $1,000 in the Molly Turner Broadcast Scholarship for Women.
The Society of Professional Journalists Florida Chapter was originally founded in 1946 to cover just the Miami area and has twice been expanded—first to cover the South Florida region and second, in 2013, to include the rest of the Sunshine State that was not already covered by a chapter.
To eligible for these scholarships, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
The general college scholarship
- A Florida resident attending (or planning to attend) a Florida college or university
- A full-time student during the award period (Fall 2017) pursuing a career in journalism
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
The Molly Turner Broadcast Scholarship
- A female pursuing a career in broadcast journalism
- A Florida resident attending (or planning to attend) a Florida university or college
- A full- or part-time student
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
How to Apply:
To apply the applicant can complete the online applications go through the given links:
- The general college scholarship- https://form.jotform.com/50678377687172
- The Molly Turner Broadcast Scholarship- https://spjflorida.com/scholarships/molly-turner-scholarship/
Both Applications must include the following:
- A copy of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Copies of all transcripts from institutions in which you have taken courses
- An essay of up to 500 words based on the prompt in the application.
- At least one letter of recommendation
- Any other supporting documentation such as resume, relevant coursework, samples of your abilities, accomplishments, etc.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The general college scholarship will be awarded: First place $2,500 and second $1,000.
- The Molly Turner Broadcast Scholarship will provide up to $1,000.
Applications are due on 11:59 PM on Monday, July 3, 2017. All winners will be notified on or before Monday, July 24, 2017.
Link for More Information Click HERE