Radio Television Digital News Association pleased to offer a scholarship program named as “Ed Bradley Scholarship”. Scholarships are open to undergraduate students pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism. The Foundation provides training programs, seminars, scholarship support and research in areas of critical concern to electronic news professionals and their audience. The winning candidate will get $10,000 scholarship award.
RTDNF, a 501 (c) 3 educational foundation, was created to help RTDNA members embody and uphold the standards of ethical journalism and promote leadership in the newsroom. RTDNF offers the electronic news community professional development opportunities, an open forum for the discussion of ethics, assistance with the development of leadership skills, support of First Amendment issues and the exchange of ideas and perspectives from electronic journalists worldwide.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors at the time the scholarship is awarded, pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism
- Winners must be officially enrolled, full-time sophomores or above in good standing when scholarships are awarded
- Students may apply for only one RTDNF scholarship, and past RTDNF scholarship winners are not eligible.
How to Apply:
Applicants who are interested to be applying for the scholarship program can go through the given link and register themselves
Applicants must also submit the following documents
- Cover letter
- Discuss your current and past journalism experience
- Describe how you intend to use the funds
- Discuss your choice to pursue a career in journalism
- Addressed to RTDNF Scholarship Committee
- Letter of recommendation
- From a professor, advisor, or supervisor
- Addressed to RTDNF Scholarship CommitteeFinancial Aid and Award Money:
The recipient who will win the scholarship will receive $10,000 and an invitation to the Excellence in Journalism conference.
The application deadline for the scholarship is through May 31, 2017.
Visit Scholarship Link for More Information: