JSPS London is providing Short Term Pre/Postdoctoral Fellowship to the researchers in the fields of Computer, Engineering, Life, Natural, Physical Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences. This fellowship awards will cover visits of 1 to 12 months for the academic year 2017-2018.
The aim of this fellowship programme to provide researchers with the first-hand experience of the research and living environment in Japan, whilst expanding academic exchange between Japan and the United Kingdom.
The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) is Japan’s leading funding agency and is largely funded through annual subsidies from the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Established in 1932, JSPS promotes the advancement of academic research in all disciplines from social sciences and humanities to natural sciences and engineering.
Course Level: This fellowship is available to the short term pre/postdoctoral researchers.
Study Subject: The fellowship is following in these subjects:
- Physical Sciences
- Social Sciences
Scholarship Award: The fellowship will cover the followings:
- JSPS’ designated travel agent will provide a return air ticket for the most direct, economical route.
- Monthly maintenance allowance of 362,000 JPY (for Post-doctoral Fellows) 200,000 JPY (for Doctoral Fellows)
- Settling-in allowance of 200,000JPY (only for awardees with a tenure of four or more months)
- Monthly research support allowance of 70,000 JPY.
- Overseas travel, accident and sickness insurance coverage (based on JSPS regulations)
Number of scholarship: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for fellowship:
- UK Citizens
- All European Union countries (as of 1st April 2015) as well as Switzerland and Norway
- Nationals of other countries may be eligible to apply for funding through JSPS Tokyo Headquarters.
- USA and Canada
- Researchers from all fields of sciences including humanities and social sciences are eligible to apply.
Nationality: UK Citizens, All European Union countries, Switzerland and Norway citizens, USA, Canada and from Nationals of other countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should be early career researchers with a maximum of three years postdoctoral experience at the time of application.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
- Award date of PhD (date on degree certificate)
- Employment history
- Full list of publications (including those submitted or in press)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 1, 2017.
For More Information Visit Scholarship Link