The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), in collaboration with ELS Educational Services, Inc., (ELS) invites students, to participate in the Many Languages, One World Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum. Many Languages, One World promotes the continued learning of the six official languages of the United Nations-Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. The candidates must be 18 years or older and enrolled in a full-time course of study at a college or university. Sixty winners will be selected as delegates to the 2017 Many Languages. They will pay for each contest winner’s travel, accommodations, and meals throughout their participation in the Conference and Global Youth Forum.
ELS Educational Services, Inc. is the world’s largest network of campus-based English and university preparation centers, with more than 60 locations in the US, Europe, Canada & Australia! The ELS family is 1,000,000-students-strong!
- 18 years and older
- Are enrolled in a full-time course of study at a college or university
How to Apply:
- A faculty member or authorized representative from your college or university must recommend you for participation in the contest by completing and submitting the faculty referral form. The link is: https://www.manylanguagesoneworld.org/en/FacultyForm
- Write an original essay discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding, and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these. The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context.
- Essays should be no longer than 2,000 words. Essays exceeding the 2,000-word limit may not be read.
- Entrants must properly credit sources used in the preparation of their essays. Please use either American Psychological Association (APA) or Modern Language Association (MLA) citation style.
- The essay must be submitted/uploaded in MS WORD format, and cannot be larger than 5MB.
- Do not include a cover page with personal information, as the essays will be evaluated anonymously.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Sixty winners will be selected as delegates to the 2017 Many Languages.
- ELS Educational Services, Inc. will award each winner with an all-expense paid trip to Boston and New York City between 15-26, July 2017
- At the Global Youth Forum, the students will create action plans addressing selected topics from the Sustainable Development Agenda and will present their views at United Nations Headquarters in New York City
- These international delegates will also have the opportunity to interact with invited international scholars and tour Boston and New York City
Entries must be uploaded in MS Word format to the website ManyLanguagesOneWorld.org by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
For More Information Visit the Link Below