The Sussex Excellence Scholarship is a merit-based award recognising, and rewarding, undergraduate students who achieved excellent academic performance before joining the University.
Eligibility: Candidate will automatically be awarded the Sussex Excellence Scholarship if they have achieved the required scholarship threshold in one of the eligible academic qualifications.
- All subject areas are eligible except Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) degrees.
- You must have accepted the University of Sussex as your firm choice.
- The Sussex Excellence Scholarship can be combined with other University of Sussex awards.
- You must have, or obtain, a UK bank account, and the details of this account must be added to your Sussex Direct profile, in order to receive payment.
- To be eligible for the Sussex Excellence Scholarship, you will need to achieve at least AAA in A level. This means any of the following combinations of grades: AAA or A*AA or A*A*A or A*A*A*.
- Other equivalent combinations of grades (such as A*AB) would not meet the eligibility requirements for the scholarship as one of the three grades is below an A grade. To be eligible for the Sussex Excellence Scholarship you must have at least 3 A levels at grade A or higher.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value and Duration of Scholarship: The Sussex Excellence Scholarship is worth £3,000 in Year One of a three or four year undergraduate degree:
- £1,000 cash award and £2,000 rent reduction if you are living in University-managed accommodation *
- £3,000 cash award if you are not living in University-managed accommodation *
How to Apply: Applications will open on Wednesday 1st February 2017 and the deadline for applying is Monday 3rd April 2017. The online application will be available here during this period.
Application Deadline: 3rd April 2017
Award Provider: University of Sussex