Fisher House Foundation is offering the “Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship Program”. The program is open for those applicants who are currently enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate program of study, leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university. The program is open to their dependent unmarried children under age 23. The program honors not only those who have fallen in battle but all who have died or have become disabled through their active military service since September 11, 2001. The foundation will award $5,000 non-renewable scholarships.
Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment.
- Dependent unmarried children under age 23 of active duty personnel, Reserve/Guard, and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty may apply for a Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship if they meet one of the following additional criteria:
- One of the parents died while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, in any branch or component of the U. S. Armed Forces OR
- One of the parents, while serving on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, became disabled – meaning that the parent qualified for receipt of Traumatic Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (TSGLI) OR
- One of the parents, who were on active duty on or after September 11, 2001, received a permanent and total compensation rating of 100% from the Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate program of study leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited U.S. college or university in the fall term of 2017.
- Must submit a copy of DD Form 214 OR DD Form 1300 that shows the dates of service.
- High school applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis). College applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50. College freshmen must submit a first-semester college transcript.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates must complete scholarship application form that can be downloaded through the given link:
To apply the scholarship applicant write 500words or less essay:
- If you had the chance to have a 30-minute conversation with any person in human history (either living or deceased), who would be the person you choose? Why? What topic would you discuss with this person?
- The essay must be 500 words or less, typewritten or computer-generated, double-spaced, and no longer than 2 pages. Place your name in the upper right-hand corner of each page of the essay.
- The completed two-page application
- Transcript or copy of my grades
- Short typed essay.
- The applicants can submit a complete application packet to:
Post Office Box 2550
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08034
- If using FedEx, UPS or DHL you must use the following street address:
307 Provincetown Road
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Legacy Heroes’ Scholarship Program will award non-renewable (prior-year recipients must re-apply) $5,000 competitive scholarships. A student may only receive a scholarship for up to 4 years.
Students can submit their applications form before March 17, 2017.
Link for More Information: