Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) a company-sponsored employee network, is pleased to announce its scholarship program. The company is dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of black employees at Microsoft Corporation. The mission of Blacks as Microsoft (BAM) African American Heritage Scholarship is to encourage and enable black high school students to go to college, realize the impact technology has on the world and target a career in the technology industry. There is potential for a renewal of $5000 for up to four years for a total of $20,000.
Microsoft is passionate about helping their customers achieve more, and that means we learn about our customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African-American, African, or Ethiopian).
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarships, the candidates can download scholarship application form through the given link:
- Two letters of recommendation.At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
- Your resume should include the following information:
- Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- Honors and awards that you have received (if possible, include awards that are technology related)
- Work experience
- Picture of yourself
- Transcript. Include an official “sealed” copy of your current academic transcript. (Unofficial copies will not be accepted.)
- Two essays.
- In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
- In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.
You can mail your completed application packet to the following address
The Seattle Foundation
C/O BAM Scholarship
1200 5th Avenue, Ste. 1300
Seattle, WA 98101
Financial Aid and Award Money:
This year, BAM will award two US$5,000 scholarships to outstanding high-school seniors who are interested in pursuing careers in technology. The scholarships are renewable, so winners who continue to meet the criteria can receive an annual $5,000 award for up to four years.
Your application must be submitted by March 1, 2017. You will receive a response by April 15, 2017.
Link for More Information: