Applications for Ernst Mach Grants are open to international post-Doctorate Scholars who are pursuing research or teaching at a higher education institution/university.
Eligible Field of Study: Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts.
About the Award: The award has been financed by funds of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW) and the EU for international PhD or Post Doctoral scholars who desire to undertake research in science. The award aims to to promote scientific secondary growth, promote scientific cooperation and build a sustainable network of academics with relation to Austria.
Offered annually? Not known
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan; Algeria; American Samoa; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cabo Verde; Cambodia; Cameroon; Central African Republic; Chad; Chile; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo; Congo – Democratic Republic of the; Cook Islands; Costa Rica; Cote D’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran – Islamic Republic of; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea – Democratic People’s Republic of; Kyrgyzstan; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia – Federated States of; Mongolia; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Sao Tome and Principe; Senegal; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Suriname; Swaziland; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania – United Rebublic of; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Uruguay; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Viet Nam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
To be taken at (country): Austria
Type: PhD, Post Doctorate Research grants
Eligibility: The “Ernst Mach grant worldwide” is open to
- postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/PhD program outside Austria,
- Age limit for this grant program is 35 years at the time of the application,
- postgraduates and post-docs wishing to do research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who have completed their studies (at an university outside Austria),
- or post-docs who are working as lecturers at a foreign university outside Austria. Duration of stay is limited to a maximum of 9 months (extension are not possible within this program)
- Incomplete applications and applications not complying with the application criteria will not be accepted for the further selection process.
- The selection follows a multistage processs:
- Examination of the formal requirements
- Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
- Final decision by the BMWFW.
- During the selection process the following criteria are examined and assessed:
- Purpose of your stay
- Why did you choose the specific target institution in Austria?
- Added value of the stay for the partner countries concerned (establishment and/or continuation of institutional cooperation)
- Prior teaching and research activities
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Grant:
- Monthly grant
- Accident and health insurance If necessary.
- Scholarship holders will receive a travel costs subsidy
Duration of Grant: 1 to 9 months
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2017
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted at “www.scholarships.at”. Only online at www.scholarships.at. A hardcopy application is NOT possible