The Texas Big Game Awards (TBGA) is co-sponsored by Texas Wildlife Association (TWA) and Texas Parks & Wildlife Department (TPWD). The Texas Big Game Awards is open to graduate high school senior, entering college freshman, sophomore, or juniors related to agriculture and natural resource. The Texas Big Game Awards is designed to promote big game hunting in Texas and to encourage sound habitat and wildlife management. Eight winners will receive $1,500 each and one overall top scholarship at $3,000 respectively.
Since 1942, Texas Parks & Wildlife has been a monthly guide to the Texas outdoors. Each issue of this award-winning magazine is packed with outstanding color photos and articles about every facet of outdoor recreation: fishing, hunting, camping, birding, boating, traveling and more.
- All applicants must be Agriculture and/or Natural Resource related majors.
- Scholarships are open to any graduating high school senior, entering college freshman, sophomore, or junior.
- Students do not have to participate in the TBGA to be eligible for these scholarships, but those who have entered the Texas Big Game Awards will receive a preference point during the scoring process.
- Recipients must be able to attend their Regional TBGA Banquet in order to receive their scholarship
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates can download the application form through the given link:
Applicants write an essay 500 words or less per question:
- Describe your reasons for wanting to be selected for this particular scholarship and what you could do to better promote hunting in Texas.
- It has long been emphasized that the recruitment of youth is critical to the future of hunting and conservation. What should we do to make sure that youth hunting numbers continue to increase and enjoy a positive experience in the outdoors?
- College students must submit an official college transcript and two letters of recommendation.
- High school graduates must submit an official high school transcript with class rank posted, and two letters of recommendation.
All applications and supporting documentation must be mailed to:
Texas Wildlife Association
3660 Thousand Oaks Dr., Suite 126
San Antonio Texas, 78247
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Winners will receive Only 9 scholarships.
- Eight scholarships $1,500 each for one per region.
- One overall top scholarship at $3,000.
The closing date for applications is March 31, 2017.
For More Information CLICK HERE