Students across the country are invited to enter in the National Ag Day essay and video contest, sponsored by the Agriculture Council of America. This year essay contest theme is “Agriculture: Food for Life.” The Council of America (ACA) is an organization uniquely composed of leaders in the agriculture, food and fiber communities dedicated to increasing the public awareness of agriculture’s vital role in the society. National Video Essay Winner will get $1,000 and National Written Essay Winner will get $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C.
- The contest is open to students in grades 9 through 12 in the 2016-2017 school years.
- Contestants must be a U.S. citizen and attending school in the U.S.
- Contestants must meet all requirements to compete.
- Contestants are eligible for only one written essay entry during any given year.
- Contestants are eligible for only one video essay entry during any given year.
How to Apply:
- To apply Ag Day Essay Contest, the candidates can download the application form from the given link: http://media.wix.com/ugd/1afb3d_ad0423f9855540c2afb6625ef28270fa.doc?dn=2017EssayApp.doc
- Link to submitting online video contest: http://agday.leapfile.net/
Written Essay Contest Rules:
- Each entry must begin with a title page containing: official topic, “Agriculture: Food for Life”, the number of words, writer’s name, address, phone number, date of birth, school name, and grade.
- Essays may be handwritten or typed, double-spaced.
- Essays must contain 450 words or less. Every word of the essay is counted. This does not include the bibliography, footnotes identifying non-original material or title and author information.
- Each page of the essay must be numbered, starting with the first page of the essay, not the title page. The numbers must be centered at the bottom of each page.
- Any quotation or copyrighted materials used in the essay must be properly identified using a bibliography and footnotes or proper citation. Failure to identify non-original material will result in disqualification.
- No reference can be made in the essay that will identify the contestant beyond the listing of the name on the title page. The author is allowed to reference a state’s name within the essay.
- The essay must be written in English.
- The entry must be stapled together in the upper left-hand corner with the title page on top. Covers of any type are not accepted beyond the title page information described in Section III, No. 1 above.
Video Essay Contest Rules:
- Video must address the official topic “Agriculture: Food for Life.”
- The file format of all uploaded videos must be. MP4 or .WMV. The maximum length of the video is two (2) minutes.
- Each entry must be in English.
- Entries must not, in the sole and unfettered judgment of the Chair, contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content, language or nudity.
- Entries must not contain any act that is considered dangerous, in the sole and unfettered judgment of the Chair.
- Entries must not violate any copyrights or trademarks, including music used in the video. Applicant must have consent and credit the music or it must be the applicant’s original music.
- Failure to adhere to the rules may result in disqualification at the discretion of the Chair.
- Submit Essay on “Agriculture: Food for Life”.
- Application form.
Return the completed application via mail or email:
2017 Ag Day Essay Contest
Agriculture Council of America
11020 King St., Ste. 205
Overland Park, KS 66210
Or Email at Jenam-at-nama.org
Link to submitting online video contest: http://agday.leapfile.net/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- National Video Essay Winner – $1,000
- National Written Essay Winner – $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C., to be recognized at the National Press Club Breakfast on March 21, 2017.
The complete application packet must be submitted by January 31, 2017.
For More Information CLICK HERE