The Starter Scholarship is awarded for a one year period only. During that time the recipients are expected to develop an excellent research proposal that will be used to apply for further funding, e.g. for scholarships from the many German sponsorship organisations or the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The Starter Scholarship amounts to 1,468 EUR per month. The scholarship holders will receive support throughout their Starter Scholarship in identifying further funding opportunities. This support will be in form of workshops, mentoring, advisory services and access to a rich research community.
In addition, scholarship holders are provided with office space, necessary equipment and funds for conference travel. Once having secured further funding for the next 2-3 years, candidates will remain regular members of BAGSS and will continue to work in Bamberg under the supervision of their initial professors.
- Applicants should hold a master’s degree or an equivalent in one of the following fields: sociology, psychology, educational sciences, political science, economics, demographics, or statistics. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong social science background and with a research proposal fitting into BAGSS’s research profile are also encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you will need to provide an English language proficiency proof when being shortlisted and invited for an interview.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered within the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS).
Scholarship Award: Up to six scholarships are awarded at a time. The scholarship amounts to 1,365.00 EUR per month plus a grant for material costs, adding up to a total of 1,468.00 EUR, plus family allowances and child-care expenses in accordance with the DFG guidelines where applicable.
National/International Students: Scholarships are open to German and international students.
How to Apply: If students wish to apply for a Starter Scholarship, then they should apply online, using an electronic form. Application documents need to be saved as pdf in the following order:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal(s)
- Scan of all academic degree certificates and all university grade transcripts
- Statement on knowledge of research methods
- Proof of English skills (if available)
Application Deadline: Applications for the scholarship year October 2017 – September 2018 are accepted from December 22, 2016, until February 28, 2017.
For more Information CLICK HERE