The David R. Jones annual scholarship is an award funded by the Association of Modified Asphalt Producers (AMAP) for all college graduate students and undergraduates. Applicants should be majoring in a field of study that is related to asphalt technology such as civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or other related major. The association is dedicated to the development, production, and use of modified asphalts. Applying candidate will get three scholarships annually. Three winners will be selected and each will get $2000 scholarship award.
The Association of Modified Asphalt Producers (AMAP) welcomes members from research organizations, polymer production companies, asphalt production companies, contractors, and governmental agencies. The association promotes technical research, education, production, and planning assistance.
- All college graduate students and undergraduates who have completed their sophomore year and are currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in North America are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be majoring in a field of study that is related to asphalt paving technology, such as civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry or other related majors.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience and interest in the field of asphalt technology directly related to asphalt modification and innovations in material science applicable to improving the durability of asphalt materials.
How to Apply:
Candidate can apply only online for the Dr. David R. Jones IV scholarship. The link is:
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty and/or asphalt contractors or technologists.
- School transcripts indicating your current GPA.
Applicants should email the supporting document at Delmar-at-technopave.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Three Dr. David R. Jones IV annual scholarships will be awarded in 2017:
- A scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded to a graduate student.
- A scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded to an undergraduate student.
- The third scholarship of $2,000 will award at-large to either a graduate or undergraduate student.
January 20, 2017, is the last date for submitting applications.
Link for More Information: