The APA Teachers of Psychology in Secondary Schools (TOPSS) is pleased to announce the 2017 APA TOPSS Competition for High School Psychology Students. To be entering in scholarship contest, the candidates should submit an essay that provides information concerning physical, psychological and social factors that influence the aging process. Four winners will be selected for this year’s competition, each of whom will receive a $250 award.
American Psychological Association (APA) is the leading scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States, with more than 117,500 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students as its members
- Entrants must be high school students
- Entrants must complete the project individually, not in teams or groups
- Entrants must have been enrolled or be presently enrolled in a high school psychology course
- No more than five (5)entries per school will be accepted
How to Apply:
- Write an essay of no more than 3,000 words that addresses the topic of aging and that provides information concerning physical, psychological and social factors that influence the aging process. In addition, each essay should use existing psychological research to examine how individuals and society can promote healthy aging.
- Address the three essay sections provided below:
- Include internal references and a reference list using APA style
- Document credible and peer-reviewed sources throughout the essay
- Include a cover page, an abstract of 120 words minimum, in-text citations in APA format and a references page
- Plagiarism is prohibited. Essays found to be plagiarized will be eliminated from the competition
The essay can be submitted through their on-line data base. The link is: http://apacustomout.apa.org/TOPSS/?_ga=1.53743720.1311378032.1478932281
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Four candidates are selected and each of them will get $250 award amount.
The deadline for submission is March 15, 2017.
For More Information CLICK HERE