The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) is pleased to announce the” Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship”. The competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled full-time in a university or college preparing for a career in state and local government finance in the United States or Canada. The purpose of the GFOA is to recognize outstanding performance in accounting studies and to encourage careers in state and local government. Each winner will get two scholarships of $9,000 in 2017.
The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) was founded in 1906, represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. GFOA’s mission is to promote excellence in state and local government financial management.
To apply, the candidate must meet the all following criteria:
- Currently a full-time student in an undergraduate or graduate accounting program preparing for a career in state and local government finance and expecting to be enrolled in the 2017 spring semester (including spring 2017)
- Undergraduate students must be in the process of completing at least their junior year by the time the scholarship is awarded
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Recommendation by your academic advisor or the accounting program chair
- Student has not been a past winner of a scholarship program administered by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada
How to Apply:
Interested candidate can download the scholarship application through the given link: http://www.gfoa.org/sites/default/files/2017Greathouseapp.pdf
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration by the scholarship selection committee:
- Statement of proposed career plan in state and local government finance and proposed plan of graduate study, if applicable
- Undergraduate and graduate grade transcripts
- Academic advisor’s or department chair’s letter of recommendation
- Other letters of recommendation (optional)
Candidate must be, complete application postmarked at:
Government Finance Officers Association,
203 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2700,
Chicago, Illinois 60601-1210
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Frank L. Greathouse Government will award up to $9,000 (for each award) to two graduate or undergraduate students
- The winners will receive a complimentary annual conference registration and transportation costs to Denver, Hotel accommodations will be provided by GFOA.
- Application postmarked no later than February 10, 2017
- The winners, if selected, will be invited to attend the Government Finance Officers Association’s annual conference in Denver, Colorado May 21-24, 2017, where the awards will be presented.
Visit the Link Below for more Information: