Teens create a digital short to help educate your peers about the dangers of driving distracted. In addition to helping your friends and others to stay safe on the road, you will earn a chance to win $10,000! CTIA Wireless Foundation has partnered with By Kids For Kids to create the Drive Smart: No Distractions, No Excuses Program. The initiative challenges young people to create a Drive Smart Digital Short designed to discourage teens from distracted driving and using mobile devices behind the wheel.
CTIA Wireless Foundation leverages mobile technology via innovative programs that empower individuals and enhance American communities.
- CTIA Wireless Foundation Drive Smart Contest (“Competition”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia
- At least 13 years old and not older than 18 at the time of entry
How to Apply:
- The candidates can create a new account by the given link: http://drivesmartnow.com/register
- Create a 30 to 60-second digital short that convinces teens not to drive distracted.
- Be a 30–60 second Digital Short in the form of a video that is created to convince other teens of the dangers of distracted driving and the importance of not texting while driving
- Include an uploaded video file or link to a file (this could be a .mov, .wmv, .mpg4)
- Be submitted in the English language
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive: (i) a scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check and (ii) a check to their teacher/mentor in the amount of $1,000.00 (ARV: USD$11,000.00).
- Two (2) runners-up will each receive: (i) a scholarship in the amount of $5,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check and (ii) a check to their teacher/mentor in the amount of $500.00 (ARV: USD$11,000)
- Three (3) semifinalists will each receive: (i) a scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to be issued in the form of a check and (ii) a check to their teacher/mentor in the amount of $250.00 (ARV: USD$3,750)
The competition begins on October 17, 2016, at 12:00 Noon (ET) and ends on December 19, 2016, at 5:00pm (ET).
Link for More Information: