The Mars Generation Organization is now accepting an application for its TMG 2017 Space Camp Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Program is designed to help students with economic need and an aptitude in the STEM fields to have a chance to attend Space Camp USA located in Huntsville, Alabama. The Space Camp Scholars have a unique opportunity to experience something most students only dream of, attending Space Camp USA and experiencing what it is like to train like an astronaut. The value of the scholarships is approximate $3,000 per scholarship.
The mission of The Mars Generation is to excite young people and adults about space and STEM education and foster an understanding of the importance of these two elements to the future of humankind on Earth.
Application requirements include:
- Must join the TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program
- The family must qualify for the USDA FREE lunch program. Do require verification of your family qualification of the USDA FREE lunch program if you are awarded a scholarship
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and live in the continental U.S. (Lower 48 states)
- Must be able to attend Space Camp the week of July 8-15, 2017
- Have never attended Space Camp USA in Huntsville, Alabama
- If you are chosen for a TMG Space Camp Scholarship, you will be required to submit a deposit of $300 to The Mars Generation to accept your scholarship. The deposit will be refunded once you attend camp (if you do not make it camp due to illness or any other reason you forfeit the deposit.)
- Must be between the age of 15-17 as of July 1, 2017
How to Apply:
The candidates are required to complete the on-line scholarship application form through the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
This scholarship is for 100% of the tuition to 1 week of space camp (July 8-14, 2017) and includes a flight suit, transportation, and a small spending stipend. The total value is approximate $2,500.
Applications are due no later than 11:59pm CST on January 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
For questions and interviews, contact Yvonne Hundshamer at groundsupport-at-themarsgeneration.org