UWE Bristol offers the Millennium Development scholarship to a bright and exceptional international student to study for the 2017/2018 academic session.
About the Award: Applicants will need to provide information in their application detailing how the scholarship will help them to attain the Millennium Development goals within their country.
The recipient of this scholarship will be required to undertake an internship working within the International Office or other departments and will also be required to undertake ambassadorial activity for the University throughout the duration of the course.
Following graduation, recipients will also be expected to be an active member of the UWE Alumni Network by helping the University to promote its programmes to prospective students.
Eligibility: All applicants must:
- Have achieved the equivalent of a British 1st in an undergraduate degree
- Hold an unconditional offer or a conditional offer where IELTS or equivalent English language is the only condition
- Be a new student to UWE Bristol with no previous UK study
- Be classed as overseas for fees purposes
- Not be a sponsored student or in receipt of another scholarship/award
- Provide official transcripts at the time of application
- The International office will assess their application and notify them by email if their application meets or does not meet the above criteria. Only those applications meeting the criteria will be sent to the scholarship board for final assessment.
- The scholarship board will assess successful applications based on the answers provided to the scholarship task questions sent to applicants via their UWE Welcome website. The scholarship board will be looking for the very highest academic achievers who have given full and relevant answers to the questions asked.
- Application should reflect applicants’ abilities and motivation, how they intend to use their experience and knowledge from studying this course.
- They will also look at applicant’s professional experience and career aspirations and how committed applicants
Value of Scholarship: 100% full tuition fees
Duration of Scholarship: One academic year
How to Apply: The deadline for application is 13 November 2016. Students can apply via their UWE Welcome portal by completing the scholarship task.
Application Deadline: 13th November 2016