The Financial Aid Office at Guilford Technical Community College is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) Foundation Continuing Education Scholarship. The scholarship program helps to remove financial barriers for students seeking to gain new or upgrade current job-related skills. Ten scholarships worth $750 each will be awarded to the winning students. The scholarships can be used to pay for educational expenses such as registration fees, books, certification fees and course supplies.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) serves the community through a variety of ways, offering more than 300 continuing education courses that can help you reach your goal. Courses are taught at over 100 locations throughout Guilford County, as well as online.
To be considered for this scholarship program, an individual must:
- Be a U.S. citizen and a North Carolina resident
- Be in one of the following target groups: unemployment insurance claimants, unemployed & underemployed adults, members of the N.C. National Guard, or military veterans and spouses. Note: Underemployed will be defined as individuals earning 200 percent below the federal poverty level. Preference will be given to students with limited or no access to financial aid from other programs
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program (96 hours or more) that leads to a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential that is offered through Continuing Education
How to Apply:
The candidates must complete scholarship application form that can be easily downloaded from the given link: http://conedhome.gtcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2016/08/SECU-Application.pdf
Submit the completed application via email to finaid-at-gtcc.edu or in person at the GTCC Financial Aid Office, the second floor, Medlin Campus Center, GTCC’s Jamestown Campus, 601 E. Main St., Jamestown.
Ten scholarships worth $750 each will be awarded to students enrolled in Continuing Education training at GTCC during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Completed applications for the fall 2016 term scholarships will be due no later than September 26, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be announced on November 1, 2016.
- Completed applications for the spring 2017 term scholarships will be due no later than February 1, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be announced on March 20, 2017.
Visit the link below for More Information: