The Ministry of Education, Rwanda and the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust has agreed to offer a New postgraduate scholarship for Rwandan students to study at University of Cambridge in UK. The scholarship is available for postgraduate degree courses starting in October. Candidates may apply for either a 1-year taught postgraduate degree (Masters) or for a 3-year research degree (PhD). Applications are welcomed in any subject, but priority will be given to subjects that contribute to the development of Rwanda. Applications open on 1 September, and must be submitted before 1 December. Scholarship for Rwandan Postgraduate – Masters and PhD – Students at the University of Cambridge in UK.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- be citizens of Rwanda
- hold a first degree from a recognized university
- gain admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way, and fulfill all admission requirements to the University
- be working in, or intend to work in, higher education institutes or public administration in Rwanda
- Priority will be given to applications in subjects that contribute to the development of Rwanda.
- Applicants should be working in, or intend to work in, higher education institutes or public administration in Rwanda.
- Successful candidates will be asked to sign an agreement to return to and work in Rwanda after completion of their course of study in Cambridge.
- Successful PhD candidates will also be expected to return annually to Rwanda for short periods to share their experiences or contribute in other ways.
- University Composition Fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- Annual return travel between Rwanda and the UK
Deadline: 1st December, 2016.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION