The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is seeking two museum fellows to curate an Italian American exhibit for the Foundation’s new museum at NIAF Headquarters. The junior or senior in college and graduate students can apply for the given fellowship. The fellowship gives students the rare opportunity to have complete responsibility for the execution of a full exhibit, helping to build students’ resumes and portfolios. Students will receive a $1,500 stipend to aid with travel and living expenses while in Washington and many more awards.
The mission of National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) is to serve as a resource for the Italian American Community to preserve the Italian-American heritage and culture, to promote and inspire a positive image and legacy of Italian Americans and to strengthen and empower ties between the United States and Italy.
To be considered eligible, the students must be:
- A junior or senior in college, majoring in one of the following fields: Art, Art History, International Studies, History or Italian Studies
- A graduate student pursuing a degree in Art, Art History, International Studies, History, Italian Studies or Museum Studies
- A recent graduate (no longer than a year out of school) who pursued a degree in Art, Art History, International Studies, History, Italian Studies or Museum Studies
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply on-line through the given link: https://www.niaf.org/niaf-italian-american-museum-fellowship-application/
- Students must provide two references who are current/former employers, supervisors, or current/former professors. Do not include family members
- Students must email a resume and unofficial copy of their college transcript to museum-at-niaf.org
- Preference will be given to students who have museum, gallery and/or curatorial experience
- Students will receive a $1,500 stipend to aid with travel and living expenses while in Washington
- Students are expected to work a minimum of 15 hours per week at the NIAF Headquarters and will be expected to meet deadlines provided by Foundation supervisors
- Students will work with a mentor from the Foundation’s leadership, who will be able to answer questions and offer any necessary guidance
- Fellows will be given free access to all NIAF Gala Weekend events, including the Friday night event and Saturday night Gala Dinner
- Students cannot remove any exhibit materials from the Foundation without prior authorization from Foundation supervisors
If you have not applied already, we encourage you to do so quickly. The application deadline is August 1, 2016.
for More Information visit the official webpage on the link below: