The Japan America Society of Minnesota (JASM) is pleased to announce the Mondale Scholarship. The scholarship is open to Minnesota undergraduate students, enrolled in Minnesota colleges and universities who want to broaden their knowledge of Japan through a combination of study and travel. The selection committee has the discretion to award up to four $1,000 scholarships or three $1,500 scholarships. The awards are specifically to be used for travel to or within Japan before, during, or after the student’s specified term(s) of study.
The Japan America Society of Minnesota (JASM) is a member of the National Association of Japan-America Societies. JASM provides a place where both individuals and businesses are able to engage in cultural activities, meet others with an interest in Japan, form new business relationships, learn, and build mutual respect between Japan and America.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or resident aliens currently enrolled at a Minnesota college or university.
- Minnesota undergraduate students enrolled in Minnesota colleges and universities, who want to broaden their knowledge of Japan through a combination of study and travel, are eligible to apply.
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form by the given link:
Applications can be emailed to jasm-at-us-japan.org
Postmark your application to:
Mondale Scholarship Program
Japan America Society of Minnesota
43 Main Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Essay. The essay must be typewritten, double-spaced, and no more than two pages in length.
- Why do you want to study and travel in Japan?
- What is your primary purpose for going to Japan?
- How you intend to spend the scholarship award
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of the letter of acceptance you received from your Japanese host institution.
- Official transcript(s)
Four $1,000 scholarships or three $1,500 scholarships will be granted to the winning candidate.
The application must be submitted no later than Thursday, July 21, 2016.
for More Information, visit the Official webpage on the link below