The Ohio State University is now offering a Teacher Preparation Pipeline Scholarship to students who are currently working, or plan to work, in early childhood education in the city of Columbus. The scholarship will pay full tuition and fees for students who are selected.
Learn more about this new program, and its partnership with the city of Columbus, Columbus State Community College and Action for Children.
Scholarship recipients pursue a Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd) degree in Child and Youth Studies (non-licensure). Beginning autumn 2017, recipients may also choose a BSEd degree in Early Childhood Education, with a P-3 Teaching License.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements
- Associate’s degree from an accredited community college
- Current or future employment in early childhood education (preschool, school, daycare, etc.)
- Residency in the city of Columbus
- Commitment to work in the city of Columbus in early childhood for three years after graduation
Deadline for scholarship applications: June 30, 2016
- Create your applicant account
- You will be given a username and password after registering
- When you log in, select “Create a New Application”
- Select “Teacher Preparation Pipeline Scholarship” from the Application Type menu, and click “Continue”
- Review application name and due date and click “Next”
- Enter the requested information into the application document. Complete all fields of the application and upload academic transcripts and two professional references to submit your application. If you need to return to the application at a later date, click “Save Changes and Exit”
- Need additional help? Use our visual step-by-step instructions
Candidates for the Teacher Preparation Pipeline Scholarship must also apply for admission as transfer students to The Ohio State University. Students who have earned an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution are usually granted admission to Ohio State. The transfer student application includes a $60 fee, which will be paid for those who are awarded the scholarship. Students who are awarded a scholarship will apply to the university on a designated day in July 2016, to be determined.