Do you have fun travel stories to share? Family Travel Forum’s 10th annual, simple-to-apply for, teen travel blogging scholarship offers cash grants for great writing. Family Travel Forum invites you to submit travel blogs that are serious, funny or contemplative, as long as they are informative. The top winners will receive cash awards of $1000, $500 and $250 as well as a GoBag Travel Bag provided by Allianz Global Assistance USA. Twenty finalists will win honorable mention awards and travel gifts.
Family Travel Forum (FTF) is a non-profit organization that promotes responsible journalism. They strive to provide accurate and honest destination research, including firsthand reviews of tropical and ski resorts, reunion destinations, attractions, holiday weekends, family festivals, cruises, and all kinds of vacation ideas.
• Applicants must be aged 13-18 and attending grades 8-12.
• Applicants must be attending junior high or high school in the United States or Canada, or an American international school abroad, or be enrolled in a U.S. home school program.
• If you are attending a junior high or high school in either Canada or the United States, or an International American or military-sponsored school abroad, you are considered eligible for a Family Travel Forum Teen Travel Writing Scholarship.
How to Apply:
All applicants must sign up for the MyFamilyTravels.com community before submitting an essay. The link is:
Have you taken an unexpectedly wonderful or terrible but funny trip with your family? Or have you journeyed somewhere with a school group or sports team and have some advice on how to make the most of your experience or destination? Have you gone somewhere near or far that opened up new ways of looking at the world?
• Travel blogs must be no more than 600 words in length, and the trip must have been taken in the last five years.
• Entries must include text and be illustrated by at least one photo, digital artwork or video. (In addition to the personal photograph on your profile)
• Travel essays must include practical details so that others can follow in your footsteps. Details should include names of attractions, museums, theme parks, resorts, restaurants, the local beach, etc. with URLs as appropriate.
• First Place: $1,000
• Second Place: $500
• Third Place: $250
• Leading travel insurance provider Allianz Global Assistance USA will also award the top three prize winners a “Go Bag” comprised of a GoPro, portable power pack and a passport holder with RFID protection
• 20 Honorable Mentions: Travel prizes including a subscription to Lonely Planet magazine which aims to inspire today’s traveler through an immersive storytelling, rich photography, practical advice and accessible travel ideas.
All applications must be received no later than 11:59 pm ET on July 13, 2016. Late entries will not be considered.
for more information, visit the Official WebPage Here