The Visiola Foundation offers scholarships to high potential African girls from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue STEM degrees at our partner institutions listed below. Please apply directly to the desired university to be considered.
Applicants are expected to meet all of the eligibility criteria:
- Nationals of an African country.
- Received both primary and secondary education in an African country.
- Graduated in the top 10% of their secondary school’s graduating class.
- Have clearly demonstrated financial needs.
- Demonstrate passion for and commitment to community service as evidenced by prior and on-going involvement in local activities.
- Are not related to or otherwise connected with any staff member or friend/acquaintances of staff members or otherwise affiliated members of the University or the Foundation.
Interested candidates should submit a complete application, including:
- An application form (available here)
- Copy of a Government issued identification document.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Final year Primary and Secondary School report cards and exam certificates (WAEC).
- Annual report cards for senior secondary school (SS1 – SS3).
- Explanation of family’s financial history with supporting documents.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume.
- Personal statement discussing the candidate’s passion for community service and involvement in local activities (not to exceed 500 words).
Apply directly to ASHESI UNIVERSITY www.ashesi.edu.gh
Apply directly to LEAD CITY UNIVERSITY www.lcu.edu.ng
FOR BAYERO UNIVERSITY ONLY, Please send complete application forms to Dr. Rabia Sa’id at the address below:
Dr. Rabia Sa’id
Department of Physics
(A2, 1st Floor, Old Faculty
of Science Building)
Bayero University Kano
for more information, visit the Official Webpage of STEM foundation Here
Application Deadline: June 30th 2016