The IWC Masters Scholarships are a prestigious award granted annually to high calibre candidates who clearly demonstrate potential as future water leaders. Scholarships are available to study the IWC Master of Integrated Water Management (MIWM) at The University of Queensland in Australia.
The International WaterCentre (IWC) is offering up to three scholarships for international candidates for full-time study of the MIWM program starting in Semester 1, 2017. These include:
- Up to two full tuition and full living costs scholarships (Type A) for future water leaders from priority countries in Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle-East (see details in table below). One of these scholarships will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
- One full tuition scholarship (Type B) for a future water leader from selected countries in North America, Europe or Asia (see details in table below).
|Type A Scholarships – Full tuition and full living costs scholarships|
|Value||Each scholarship is valued at AU$92,645 and will cover:
Important – please read the Terms and Conditions to see what is included and how the scholarship will be paid out.
|Targeted to||International candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements (see below), hold citizenship and currently live in one of the priority countries in the Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
One of these scholarships will be reserved and awarded to a female candidate.
|Type B Scholarship – Full tuition scholarship
|Value||This scholarship is valued at approximately AU$52,500 and will cover:
|Targeted to||International candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements (see below), hold citizenship and currently live in North America, Europe or Asia.|
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution;
- Have at least two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience) relevant to the program;
Although professional experience is not essential for admission in the MIWM program, candidates with relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see Selection Criteria below.
- International candidates must also demonstrate English Language Proficiency (see UQ’s Policy including minimum scores for IELTS, TOEFL or PTE). A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded with the online application form.
Important – Terms and Conditions
Before you apply for a scholarship, please read the IWC Masters Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
How to apply
Applications for the IWC Masters Scholarships are now open for international candidates for the 2017 intake. Apply now!
Important dates (for international candidates)
- Opening date: 1 May 2016
- Closing date: 1 August 2016 – 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified (via email) on 23 August 2016 and the Scholarships Selection Panel will make a final decision on successful recipients by 1 November 2016.
- The IWC Master of Integrated Water Management will commence in February 2017 at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia)
The Scholarship Selection Panel will use the following selection criteria to assess and rank applications:
- Leadership qualities including collaboration and team work, flexibility, initiative, communication skills, integrity and vision through professional, educational, community and other achievements.
- Professional and volunteering record: relevant employment and volunteering experience, achievements, membership of professional bodies and professional references.
- Academic record: an excellent academic record and a likelihood of success in further study.
- Commitment to promoting and driving the implementation of collaborative, whole-of-water-cycle, integrated and interdisciplinary approaches to water management.
- Potential outcomes: the likelihood of positive impacts on the individual and the water sector from participating in the MIWM program.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted (via email) on 23 August 2016. Applicants who have not been shortlisted will also be notified by this date.
At the end of August, shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit an application for admission into the MIWM program at The University of Queensland (UQ).
In mid-October the Scholarship Selection Panel will decide on successful scholarship recipients (from those who have been shortlisted and received an unconditional offer of admission in the MIWM program from UQ).
Successful recipients will be notified (via email) on 1 November 2016. The value of their scholarship will be outlined in their scholarship offer letter from the IWC.
for more information about the scholarships selection process, please click on the Scholarships Terms and Conditions (PDF).
visit the official webpage Here