The Golden Apple Foundation is proud to announce Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Program. The scholarship program is open to Illinois high school senior, Illinois partner university freshman or sophomore, and Illinois community college student. The Golden Apple identifies talented high school seniors, as well as first and second-year college students, who have the promise and drive to be excellent teachers in high-need schools. They prepare them for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments. Winners will receive up to $23,000 in scholarships and stipend.
Golden Apple is a non-profit organization that works to inspire, develops and support teacher excellence in Illinois, especially in schools-of-need.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois
- Graduate high school in 2017
- 2.5 GPA – school transcripts must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete
- Standardized testing requirements:
- ACT:Prior to 9/1/15 – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing portion; 9/1/15 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 16 on the Writing portion; 9/10/16 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 6 on the Writing portion or
- SAT: Prior to 3/5/16 – Composite score of 1030 (critical reading + mathematics=1030 or higher) and minimum score of 450 on writing and language; (3/5/16 and later): Composite score of 1110 (evidence-based reading and writing + mathematics = 1110 or higher) and a minimum score of 26 on writing and language
- Taking either ACT or SAT is acceptable. All scores must be from one test administration taken on the same date. Visit the theACT website for upcoming test dates. Scores must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete.
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates can register & login through the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Golden Apple Scholars receive up to $23,000 in scholarships and stipend funds:
- Tuition assistance of $2,500 per year for freshmen and sophomore years and $5,000 per year for junior and senior years (paid directly to the Scholar’s undergraduate institution)
- Scholars also receive a $2,000 stipend for participation in each of four Summer Institute experiences
- Comprehensive job placement program that assists scholars finding employment during and after college
Students can submit their applications on or before February 15, 2017.
For More Information CLICK HERE