The Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) is offering the application for its “College Scholarship Program” to rewards students who are excel academically and demonstrate a commitment to a career as a CPA. The program is open to students who are from accounting majors to assist in the last year of the 150-Hour requirement to apply for a Wisconsin CPA license.The purpose of the program is to promote and regulate the study of accountancy, and also to serves the diverse needs of their members, enhances professional competency and builds community among members. The foundation will award up to fifteen (15) $2,500 scholarships to the winners of the scholarship program.
The Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA) was established in 1905. The WICPA is the premier professional organization representing CPAs and accounting and business professionals in being mindful of the public interest.
To be eligible:
- Must attend a college or university with an accounting program that qualifies the applicant to sit for the CPA Exam.
- The recipient must be a resident of Wisconsin and must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have completed 120 credit hours by May 2017 of a degree program that qualifies the applicant to sit for the CPA Exam.
- The student must be entering their last year to satisfy the 150-hour requirement and eligible to receive a Master’s degree in business or a double major/minor to satisfy the 150-hour requirement.
- The student cannot be a May 2017 graduate who has completed the 150-hour requirement.
- Must be full-time student status, be accepted in the college of business and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
How to Apply:
To apply, the candidates can download the application form from the given link:
Candidate can submit following supporting documents mentioned in the application:
- Current college transcript
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
Candidate can submit their complete application and support documents in the following ways:
- Mailed to-
Executive Relations Manager
W233N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 201
Waukesha, WI 53188
- Email to:Jessica-at-wicpa.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The WICPA Educational Foundation will award up to fifteen (15) $2,500 scholarships for the fiscal year 2017/2018.
- The scholarship application must be received by Friday, February 24, 2017.
- The recipient will be announced in April 2017 for the 2017/2018 school year with the award payment to be made in August 2017 directly to the student.
Visit the Link below for more Information: