The Lutzie 43 Foundation is now offering an application for the “Lutzie (Football) Scholarship Program” for high school and college/university students. Through the scholarship program, they want to help safeguard young people, reduce poor decisions, and improve the way they serve and treat others. If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $4,300 award, paid directly to his or her enrolling institution.
The Lutzie 43 Foundation aims to develop the character of young people and their influencers by focusing on leadership, charity, compassion, mentorship, hard work, honesty and faith through education and real world application.
Applicants to the Lutzie 43 Foundation Scholarship Program must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Applicants must be high school juniors or seniors or current postsecondary undergraduates enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time accredited program at a two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school located in the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) at the time of application.
- Applicants must have participated in at least one extracurricular activity for two semesters or more.
- Applicants must have completed participation in a 43 Lessons to Legacy program certified by the Foundation to have participated in the Curriculum. 1
- High school and college-age students who demonstrate significant changes in their character as a result of their study and participation in the 43 Lessons to Legacy character development curriculum.
How to Apply:
Interested candidate can download the application form through the given link:
- Mentor/Letter of Recommendation can be download from the given link: https://static.lutzie43.org/data/PFLScholarship_MentorRecommendationTemplate.pdf
- All applicants must have completed the 43 Lessons to Legacy curriculum program
- Mentors will need to fill out the PFL Character Scholarship Program Nomination Form available at lutzie43.org.
- Students who have completed the 43 Lessons to Legacy curriculum
- Submit an essay (between 250-750 words) describing on the following:
- How they have been impacted by their experience
- How they have applied some of the lessons to their lives
- Recipients are required to notify the Lutzie 43 Foundation of any changes in address, school enrollment, or other relevant information and to send a complete transcript when requested.
Candidate can send the complete packet to info-at-lutzie43.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $4,300 award, paid directly to his or her enrolling institution.
- The Scholarship Program will be administered in full compliance with IRS Revenue reporting requirements.
- Awards are non-renewable.
- Awards are for a two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school located in the United States study only.
- Award payments will be made upon the evidence of tuition expenses and shall not exceed such expenses for a period of one calendar year.
- Students seeking degrees through online or distance learning programs exclusively shall not be eligible.
- Individual online courses are permitted when they are a part of required curriculum taught in the campus environment and when such courses are only available online or through distance learning.
The application deadline is March 31, 2017.
For more Information CLICK HERE