QuitDay.org is currently accepting scholarship applications. Quitday.org awards $3,000 in scholarships each year to students who share their vision for a smoke-free world. With the QuitDay.org Scholarship, they want to challenge current and prospective college students to share their story on how we can make the world smoke-free. The winning applicants for first, second and third place receive scholarships in the amounts of $2,000, $700 and $300, respectively. The scholarship awards may only be used to pay for college tuition and/or education-related expenses.
At QuitDay, their mission is to help people add 10 healthy years to their lives. Their team strives to inspire people to quit smoking, and have a positive impact on the lives of their loved ones and their children.
- The QuitDay Scholarship essay contest is open to undergraduate and graduate students
- Employees of QuitDay.org and their immediate family are not eligible to take part in the contest
- Are 18 years old or older
- Applicants must be accepted to, or currently enrolled in a college or university located within the United States or in the District of Columbia
- Only one (1) submission per student is allowed
How to Apply:
- For applying the scholarship contest, the candidates are required to complete application form. Form can be downloaded through the given link: https://quitday.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/QuitDay-Scholarship-Application-Form.pdf
- Applicants must submit a typed essay (1,000–1,500 words) answering the following questions:
- Why do you see smoking as a problem for individuals and society?
- What is the best way for society to overcome the issue of smoking, and why?
- What would a smoke-free world look like, and how would it differ from the world today?
- What message do you have for current smokers?
- The essay must include the word count and be signed with a full name (both first and last name), along with the applicant’s email address, phone number and permanent address.
You can email your essay as well as a scanned copy of your completed application form to scholarship-at-quitday.org.
Every year, they select three winners in the essay contest. The winning applicants for first, second and third place receive scholarships in the amounts of $2,000, $700 and $300, respectively.
The application deadline is December 9, 2016, at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
For More Information visit Here