Calling all future business leaders! Be one of the Top 30 winners who will have the chance to network with SA’s top business leaders at SAICA’s Student Leadership Summit hosted by Standard Bank on 6th – 7th October 2016. Enter the SLS thought leadership essay competition today!
To enter, please choose ONE of the following topics and submit an essay of 1000 words:
1. South Africa, as a mere 22 year old democracy, is currently facing tough economic conditions, political turbulence and student unrest. Outline your views on the current university funding crisis under #FeesMustFall and come up with ways in which funding for tertiary education can be made available to students. Discuss your thoughts on whether such funding should apply to all or only selected categories of students.
2. Describe the role that SAICA (as a professional body), and other stakeholders outside of government, can play in upgrading South Africa’s economic status in order to avoid reaching junk status.
3. This was the second year of the APC (Assessment of Professional Competence) exam; yet as a profession, we still witnessed poor behaviour from certain candidates. What should have been done better by SAICA, candidates and the training officers to stop candidates from wanting to gain an unfair advantage? What parameters should be put into place to discourage ill practice from candidates?
- Should be a South African student
- Should be in Higher Institution
The chance to network with SA’s top business leaders at SAICA’s Student Leadership Summit on 6th – 7th October 2016.
6th – 7th October, 2016
How to Enter:
Email your submissions to
Please include the following details: (The information below is compulsory and must be included when you submit your essay) First Name | Surname | Contact Number/s | Name of University Name of Degree | Student
Number | Email Address| Essay Word Count
Should you have any queries, please contact Teboho Moephudi on 011 621 6672 or
Deadline: 26th August, 2016.
VISIT THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE BELOW TO APPLY