The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India and The world Academy of Sciences (TWAS) have established a number of fellowships for foreign scholars from developing countries. The fellowship is open for those who pursue research toward a Ph.D. in emerging areas of science and technology for which facilities are available in the laboratories and institutes of the CSIR. CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance.
TWAS is a global science academy based in Trieste, Italy, working to advance science and engineering for sustainable prosperity in the developing world.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
• Be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
• Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
• Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country.
• Hold a Master’s degree in science and technology.
• Be regularly employed in their home country and hold a research assignment there.
• SANDWICH Fellowships: Be registered Ph.D. students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university.
• FULL-TIME Fellowships: Be willing to register at a university in India within the first year, if agreed to by CSIR.
• Be accepted at a CSIR laboratory/institution and provide an official acceptance letter from the host institution
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download scholarship application form by the link below:
• A copy of passport
• Description o the proposal doctoral study/research plan
• C.V. and complete list of publications
• University degree certificates
• Official letter of acceptance of a HOST institution as per sample attached
• Two reference letter
• Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English
• Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
• Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
Applications for the TWAS-CSIR Postgraduate Fellowship Programme should be sent to TWAS and CSIR (by email).
• CSIR will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. Also, Fellowship awardees are entitled to subsidized accommodation.
• SANDWICH Fellowships (for those registered for a Ph.D. in their home country): The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided by the host institute, but no greater than three years.
• FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not registered for a Ph.D.): The Fellowship may be granted for up to a maximum duration of 4 years.
Application Deadline is August 31, 2016.
for More information, visit the link below: