The Applications for the Bayer Science & Education Foundation’s international scholarship programs are now being accepted for this year’s round. In the academic sector, ambitious students can apply for an Otto Bayer, Carl Duisberg, Jeff Schell, or Kurt Hansen scholarship if they are aiming to undertake a study project abroad or from foreign countries planning a project in Germany. The subjects funded include all fields of study related to;
- life sciences,
- chemistry or medicine as agricultural engineering,
- bio / chemical process engineering,
- human and veterinary medicine,
- computational life sciences and
- teacher training in biology or chemistry.
The Bayer Science & Education Foundation’s program offers again this year an extra budget of EUR 50,000 for students from African countries who are planning study projects on the scientific topics above in Germany.
In addition to the scholarships in the academic sector, the Hermann Strenger scholarships are available to support young people on a nonacademic training program looking to gain initial work experience abroad. Applications are invited from committed trainees in commercial, industrial, scientific or medical occupations as well as young professionals in these fields who have completed their training within the past two years. With this program, the Bayer Science & Education Foundation is looking to offer targeted funding to young people in the nonacademic sector, enabling them to gain professional experience abroad.
The Fellowship Program consists of five scholarship programs that offer tailored financial support. Important requirements for the support:
The project to be supported must be innovative and international. Scholarships are granted to students and young professionals (up to two years after graduation) from Germany wishing to realize a study or research project abroad or to foreign students/young professionals pursuing a project in Germany.
Students and young professionals in the fields of biology, molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals and computational life sciences can apply for the Otto Bayer Scholarship.
Students and young professionals in the fields of human and veterinary medicine, medical science, medical engineering, public health and health economics can apply for the Carl Duisburg Scholarship.
Students and young professionals in the fields of agro sciences, agronomy, crop sciences, green biotechnology, environmental sciences and sustainability can apply for the Jeff Schell Scholarship.
Apprentices and young professionals in nonacademic professions can apply for the Hermann Strenger Scholarship. Here, foreign assignments like projects, internships, supplemental courses or on the job assignments in the following fields are in focus:
- Careers in healthcare
- Technical or scientific occupations
- Business administration
All applicants should have a high level of commitment, dedication and an innovative project plan. Scholarships are granted to students and young professionals (up to two years after graduation) from Germany wishing to realize a study or research project abroad or to foreign students/young professionals pursuing a project in Germany. The following application documents are required for the Otto Bayer Scholarship, Carl Duisberg Scholarship, Jeff Schell Scholarship and Kurt Hansen Scholarship:
- Confirmation letter from host institute/university
- A description of the project (duration of 212 months) with financial plan within the timeline of September 2016 to August 2017. The project can consist of special study courses, laboratory assignments, research projects, summer classes, internships, Master’s or PhD programs.
- Most recent transcripts
- Any additional documents that would enhance the application
- Photo (passport or job application photo)
For the Hermann Strenger Scholarship, applicants must submit the following:
- Confirmation letter from the foreign host institute/university on the planned project from September 2016 to August 2017
- Most recent transcripts with good to excellent grades
- A description of the project (duration of 212 months) with financial plan The project can consist of special study courses, laboratory assignments, research projects, summer classes or internships
- Photo (passport or job application photo)
Application Deadline: July 18th 2016
For More Information/enquiry, kindly Visit the Official Webpage of the Bayer Science & Education Foundation’s International Scholarship Programs Here